When Lymph drainage is applied the results can be (to mentiion a few):
- Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
- Invaluable tool to improve healing after liposuction, breast surgery, cosmetic/plastic surgery, knee/hip replacements
- Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
- Detoxification of the body
- Anti-aging effects
- Regeneration of tissue, including burns, wounds and wrinkles
- Relief of numerous chronic and subacute inflammations, including sinusitis, bronchitis and otitis
- Relief of chronic pain
- Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, migraines
- Antispastic actions to relieve conditions such as muscle hypertonus and some forms of constipation
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
Certified Lymphedema Therapists are widely accepted in hospitals and clinics all over the world.
Lymphedema is an accumulation of protein-rich fluid in the superficial tissues and is a very common and serious condition worldwide. It has important pathological and clinical consequences for the patient if left untreated.
Secondary lymphedema is often caused by trauma to the lymphatic system, such as surgery, injury, scarring, infection and radiation therapy. Post-mastectomy lymphedema of the upper extremity caused by breast cancer treatment is very common.
Another cause for lymphedema is malformations of the lymphatic system (primary lymphedema). In such cases the swelling may appear after simple accidents such as sports injuries, which can suddenly overload the lymphatic system.
Using exacting anatomical science and distinctive manual processes, LDT enables practitioners to detect the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. From there they can use their hands to perform Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the vessels to assess overall circulation and determine the best alternate pathways for draining body fluid stagnations.
Renu Health and Wellness offers Post-Operative Lymphatic treatments.
They are administered by Meeghan Mackenzie, RMT, CLT. Meeghan is an 18 year Massage practitioner with 10 years of dedicated continuing education in Lymphatic Studies and a Certified Lymphedema Therapist and certified compressioin fitter.